The list is about survival for both businesses and not-for-profit organisations / charities alike. The list is about the basics that I continue to see missed by so many. The list is simple but calculated. The list requires knowledge and specialised expertise.
- Put your name down in full.
- Put down your full business name with a logo (preferably one that has been designed using a marketing person and not just something you think looks good).
- If the name and tag line does not say it all (if you have used a decent marketing person it should ) then make sure you include your profession / what it is you do.
- Provide all of the following details:
- Phone number (preferably also a mobile) – that will always be answered in a business like fashion.
- An address where mail can be sent.
- A professional email address with a domain that relates to your business (gmail or hotmail accounts are not acceptable particularly when you can buy a domain name for around $12 from someone like Crazy Domains).
- A website. It is an absolute sin in this day and age not to have a website. You can build them yourself very easily or if not you can find businesses who will (yes CommTogether can build you a basic website or we will coordinate the design and programming of a full website). There is no excuse you must have a website. You do not know how much business you are missing because you don’t have one. You can be sure people are checking up on you and without a web presence you just miss out, not to mention people who search for a need and find you via the web without knowing you existed otherwise.
In case you have not worked it out this is the list for developing a business card. Crazy as it seems I see so many get this most basic item wrong. They look pretty but don’t have anything to do with the business / not-for-profit / charity. Not that long ago I picked up a card for a consultant – but I am still not sure what she is a consultant for. If I see someone using a gmail or worse still a hotmail account (can people be serious about their job with sexy in their email address or a bunch of numbers like john4678) then I will throw their card away.
This is the list I suggest everyone take a look at. You will be surprised how often hit is wrong. Send me samples or drop me a comment about the worst examples you have seen.
If you want help because looking at your card you know there is a problem with your brand , marketing and general communications then contact CommTogether now.